RecordSetter was founded on the belief that every person on earth is capable of being the world’s best “something”. That said, encouraging humanity to push its limits is fraught with challenges. When you participate in the record-breaking community, please keep the following ideals in mind.
- 1. Honesty and accuracy are pretty much everything.
- For RecordSetter to succeed, we have to rely on the integrity of mankind. Whether you’re setting a record, judging a record or voting on a record, please be as honest and accurate as possible.
- 2. Don’t hurt yourself. Don’t hurt others. Don’t hurt the planet.
- RecordSetter exists to bring out the best in people, not harm lives or the environment. If you have the slightest concern about a record you’re considering, please contact us first or discuss it with the most responsible person you know.
- 3. Waste sucks.
- If you’re going to set a record for, say, “World’s Largest Banana Cheesecake” or “Largest Collection of V-Neck Sweaters”, don’t let your creation go to waste. Get a food bank or charitable group involved so you can help out others while achieving your feat.